Essay Competition Winners Awarded
The awards ceremony was held today for the winners of the essay competition among students of Uzbekistan’s higher educational institutions. The competition was organized by the Karimov Foundation in order to perpetuate the memory of the First President of Uzbekistan and raise the young generation’s level of knowledge about our country’s recent history and the role of President Karimov in establishing Uzbekistan’s national independence, ensuring international stability and reviving the historical and cultural heritage of our motherland.
The winners were awarded prizes by the Member of the Foundation’s Board of Trustees and spouse of the First President, Tatyana Karimova, and Chairman of the Board of the Foundation Botir Ubaydullaev.
The first-place winner was Otabek Akromov, a fifth-year student at the University of World Economy and Diplomacy, who was awarded a one-time grant of 700,000 so’ms and an Apple MacBook Air 13 8/256 GB with the emblem of the Foundation. In second place was Malika Shorustamova, a fifth-year student at Tashkent Pediatric Medical Institute. Malika received a one-time grant of 6,000,000 s’oms and an Apple iРad Pro 10.5 4G 256GB with the emblem of the Foundation. In third place was Nurbek Toshkanov, fourth-year student at Tashkent Law University. He received a one-time grant of 5,000,000 so’ms and an iPhone 8 64 GB with the emblem of the Foundation.
Seven runners-up whose work received high marks were awarded Kindles with the emblem of the Foundation. These were:
- Abbosbek Xadyatullaev, a third-year student at the Management Development Institute of Singapore.
- Raixon Temirova, a second-year student at Bukhara State University.
- Sardor Nazirov, a first-year student at the Tashkent Institute of Irrigation Engineers and Agricultural Mechanization.
- Aziza Saidxasilova, a first-year student at the Management Development Institute of Singapore.
- Yekaterina Kurtova, a third-year student at the University of World Economy and Diplomacy.
- Lutfillo Abduxamidov, a third-year student at Ferghana Polytechnic Institute.
- Charosxon Nizomiddinova, a second-year student at the National University of Uzbekistan.
Furthermore, the commission gave honorable mentions to 10 other entrants who received additional awards from the Karimov Foundation.